View Single Post
Old 17-10-2006, 01:45 AM   #9
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OED666
My car is completely streetable, see sig for qtr time... My little brother is learning to drive in it... The difference with useless is that his is an Auto. It will be awesome when an Auto, N/A 6 is in the 13's.
Sorry, and it's not that I don't believe you or anything, but what real compromises do you make or little things do you tell to yourself to determine that it is "completely streetable"? And I'm not having a go at you in particular. As an example, I could say my car runs great on LPG (if I ignore the very lumpy idle). See what I mean - if I left the bit in brackets out, no-one would be the wiser, and I could just claim that my car runs as well on LPG as it does on petrol, and that statement is true for every single instance - apart from when it's idling.

Anyway, now I will say something personal to you - great time! The same engine/power/trans/diff combo in an AU would not be as quick due to extra weight, so maybe you can see why I'm sceptical about a totally streetable NA AU I6 in the 13s. Turbo costs the same/less, and is more user friendly and reliable (at low boost), and will see 13s easily.

My own opinion is that once you start to modify (ie change the car from unopened) looking for outright speed, you might as well do it properly. Any other way is just a waste of money, or maybe just to give bragging rights for a particualr class (ie fastest AU NA opened but non-turboed, but edited....de da de da de da), but at what cost to the useability of the car? Keeping in mind that useless wagon is his work car, and family hack too. Of course, should he reach his target, I will be buying ahead for him to port, and try any of the many other tricks he has thrown at the beast. I would love to scare V8s in my 6, but to be honest, I don't have the time or the money to chop approx 3 seconds off my 1/4 mile time!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote