View Single Post
Old 27-03-2005, 01:57 AM   #88
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
That is assuming he can actually pay for it. Unless he is rich enough to be self insured then he is gambling with other people's property and money
What is he gambling though?
If he hits you and your vehicle is a total loss, your insurance company pays you out and goes after him, what's the problem for you?
The insurance company will extract whatever the courts deem is adequate out of him, which in his case wouldn't just be $20 a week (not that it would be of any consequence to you anyway).

I don't quite see why this is such a great problem for you, I mean you, and most others clearly stated you won't drive without insurance, so what have you to worry about?

Just as an example to the above, my wife was involved in a head on a few years ago, she wasn't at fault, the other driver was drunk.
The other drivers insurance was wiped because of this, however it didn't effect us in any way whatsoever, we were paid out by our insurer, and they of course went after the drunk driver.

Now if the above driver had of been uninsured, the outcome for us would have been the same.

Rick.