View Single Post
Old 27-03-2005, 02:00 AM   #89
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmcginley
But hang on, under 21 you have to expect high insurance, particularly if you have a BA XR8, aftermarket wheels (2" bigger), and modified. Sorry but as a RRP that car would be over $50,000; and as a under 21 (hell under 25) you are a great 'at risk' customer. If you own such a car, at such a young age, you have to expect high insurance prices. And if you cannot afford the insurance on such a car, don't bitch about it. If you had a $30,000 focus or $20,000 Fiesta and were paying $5k for insurance, then that would be something to complain about (depending on your car history of course).

I figure that if you are able to own such a car, and such an early age, then you can afford the insurance as well.

Also the insurance on the bike, that isn't for covering you so much as covering the damage that would get done to other vehicles in the inevitable accident. Basically if you have to brake hard the possibility of ditching your bike is great. Once that happens the bike is like dry ice on water, it will just skate along the surface until it hits something and stops. This means the bike is a write off, and probably $5000 damage to whatever it hits.
Mate, I dont like your tone or attitude towards what I wrote and make note I take offence to it. I didnt bitch as you say about the XR8 insurance and yeah, I dont mind paying the money to insure my XR. Was using it to put insurance into perspective, $3000 for a car insured for $70G's and a bike cost $6000 to insure for a bike worth $19000.

Also with the bike, you think if I hit the brakes hard the thing would just flip or ditch the bike?! You havent a clue in the world about motorbikes, so I suggest you SHUT UP (read it clear) and talk about something you know about!!

And the "inevitable accident", do you mean in an accident that isnt aviodable or that I'm supposed to get into an accident cause I ride a bike?

And my rims are 3 inch bigger. Get it right the first time.

Last edited by kypez; 27-03-2005 at 02:22 AM.