View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 11:21 AM   #329
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohnro
I am trying to remove the passenger door trim on my AU2 and seem to be missing a fixing point. The central locking is allowing the passenger door open even when the car is locked. I am suspecting water has got in but can't get the trim off to see. Grateful for any advice.
If you are trying to lock the vehicle ... and one lock is staying open (and you get a grinding noise from one of the doors ... it's a failed lock actuator in that door.

When it comes to removing door trims ... I know about the front doors (as I own a ute and that's all I have taken off) ... there are 2 10mm bolts ... one behind a round cover/cap .... and the other is behind the door handle itself ... you need to pry the backing of the door handle off (flatblade screwdriver and a cloth) ... but gentle .. but give it a bit of force ... if you get my drift.

It will eventually come off ... sometime 2 flatblades help in this process.

The rest of the screws around the door trim ... and there is a screw under the power window switches (if you have them) that holds a tab into the door frame as well.

That's about all that I can think of.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote