View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 04:33 PM   #2
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Hi man .You will need 2 changeover relays rated between 20 -30 amps for the door locking on the AU. The wiring is in the computer above your left knee .The trigger is a negative and an interrupt to work the central locking The system in the diagram needs relays to give a solid earth pulse trigger for central locking.

You will have to bring this computer down from its position by unscrewing it and manouvering it out.Once out you will need a logic tester..NOT TEST LIGHT...or you may destroy the computer.You must probe to find the appropriate wires then fit the relays in the correct way. The relays should have pins 85,86,87,87a and 30.

Looking at that idea I must recommend that you do not buy it.This will be outside of the vehicle in an exposed position.Kids will not leave your car alone .A thief would probably take the device off gain access to your door rods and unlock the car manually via the holes.
The other potential problem I see with this device is in the case of where it is physically removed and a drill battery with 15 volts reversed is connected to the wires..Will it unlock the doors? Will it blow the alarm up? What steps are taken to waterproof the control unit? I think there is a great potential for water damage,especially with the amount of attraction it wil cause ..

cheers Stav

Last edited by Stav; 07-01-2005 at 04:40 PM.
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote