View Single Post
Old 28-04-2005, 07:41 PM   #36
b2tf
not here much anymore

:

Well, I think Ive got it sorted. I had a callback from the CRC this afternoon after talking to a girl this morning, who said she would look into it for me. And as i have been told and suspected all along, there is no difference in an 02 Focus compared to an 03 model, mechanical or otherwise.

Therefore, NRMA have got it wrong and have no grounds to stand on when they say 'the 02 model cant have them but the 03 model can'.

Furthermore, i went to my dealers today, and had them check further for me. The part number for the wheels has never changed - indicating that they were available right from Day 1 to ALL Focus models - i photocopied the page in the accessories brochure that has them, and right next to the part number it lists what models they will suit. Have a guess what the very first model listed was - yep, you guessed it - 5dr CL Focus. The salesman who sold me the car also agreed to let NRMA call him should they want confirmation that they were a dealer fit option for all models. And seeing as i still have the invoice for them from Spares, there's no doubt they are genuine Ford so they cant play that card at me either.

So I've pretty much done all I can to prove that the wheels are safe, and designed by Ford for the car. If NRMA still arent satisfied with that then it's their loss as i will take my business elsewhere, and so will anyone who ends up in the same situation, however I think if they have any sense they will see they've stuffed up and agree to cover my car, and any like it. Here's hoping.

I'll let you know how it goes.