View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #11
ayeyew
Teh Baest

The plugs can be bastards to get out..

I changed mine earlier on today.

You gotta pop the hood and look behind the lights and you will see two black circular rubber things with a single plug in each and this plug has 2 or 3 leads coming out of them.. The big circular rubber thing is for the main headlight (low beam) and the smaller one is for the high beam.

Best way i found to do it is grab the plug from the sides, cuz it's got flap kinda things u need to push in in order to get the plug off (this can take 5 seconds or 5 minutes depending on how nice it wants to be on the day)

Once u have unplugged the bulb, the plug will just sit there and you need to get the circular rubber doolie off, so just pull that off carefully (might be some resistance to pulling it off, if there is don't worry.. just continue to pull it off), make sure u dont take the lightbulb with it

The reason why there may have been some resistance to pulling off the rubber thing is due to the wire clip which keaps the bulb in place. Looking into the engine, the wire clip is on the top left hand side, so just grab the clip, lift it up and it will now be loose.

Take the bulb out, replace it and then do it all in reverse

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: