View Single Post
Old 27-02-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
sanjay

Default Replace steering wheel on AU Falcon?

hey guys

apologies in advance but i searched and searched and couldnt find anything...its like its assumed knowledge how to replace the steering wheel in a falcon on here. :p

basically my AU XR6 has the top part of the leather wheel fraying badly, i would like to replace the entire wheel with another one off ebay (or is it cheaper to get new leather put on the entire wheel? i cant see how they would repair just that bit at the top) - but how the hell do i go about taking the wheel surround off and putting the new one on? i dont want to start pulling at my wheel aimlessly, as i'll probably end up just breaking something.

looking at getting a wheel like this: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-EF-EL-AU...QQcmdZViewItem which seems to fit under the airbag somehow.

if theres any obvious threads that ive missed and you could link me to them, i would really appreciate it. :(

oh and another thing, what is the deal with replacement keys for the series 1 AU? do they have an immobiliser chip in them? if not, how does the immobiliser work on an AU series 1? or is there just no immobiliser at all...

...if i buy a blank key on ebay, i'll have to take it to get cut and then to the dealer to get programmed, correct?

Last edited by sanjay; 27-02-2008 at 10:18 PM.
sanjay is offline   Reply With Quote