View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
MEANXBCOUPE
injection is nice, but...

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing the Helicoil article 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lach01
Hows it goin' MEANXBCOUPE? Just read through your feature article in street machine for the second time and love your car and all the engineering you have performed on it. Now for the questions. Im currently rebuilding the front of my xt falcon ute. I have unpicked the front radiator support, front tie bar, radius rod brackets and also one of the side panels between the shock tower and radiator panel.What i want to know is, whether you can post a few pics of your radius rod brackets as i wish to custom make some similar to yours as mine are damaged severely. I assume they are made of box section (correct me if im wrong) but was just wanting to be able to see the design youve used.
On another subject, you say in your article in street machine that you made a machine to roll the edges of the inner walls of the engine bay. Was this used to do the beads in the centre of the panels as well as the edges or did you get someone to perform those beads. If you did use your machine, any chance of a couple of pics of it as weell.
Once again your coupe is beautiful and you should be very proud of what youve created, and any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Lachy

Hey Lachy,
Used the machine to do both, i dont have a photo, so next time in the garage, if i remember ill take a shot or two.
The radius rod brackets were made from 75X50X1.6 RHS (box) section. they were cut to fit after the radius rod brackets were removed. As for the design, youll need to work that out for your own car as there is an inch or two difference in the length and width of the chassis between XT and XB. Also keep in mind that my car has a custom x member ans a double A-arm front end, no radius rods, so youll also need to work that out too.

Hope this helps.
MEANXBCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote