Thread: 3000Km Service
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #52
Dusty1
Giddy up!

It's been hot here in Melb too. I don't think the A/C is anything too flash, but it's not as bad as some I've been in. I've read on the Euro site that some people are complaining about the heater, but they don't have a problem with the A/C, so it's up to the individual I suppose.

I drive with the sunroof tilted open and leave it like that when parked too (not in shopping centres or car parks), and that helps to get the car cool. I've also got two seperate foldy windscreen covers things for the dash, and whenever I park it, these go on. Once that dash gets hot, it's pretty hard to cool it, and I think this is part of the problem. (The best cover I had was an old white sheet, that I used to cover the outside of the windscreen of my HT Kingswood with - that worked a treat!)

I'd like the A/C a bit colder, and I can get air into the rear by selecting the foot button on the climate control. I reckon the auto function only blows air out of the dash vents and no where else, and if you want to get air into the rear you need to select the 'foot' option.

My $0.02.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote