View Single Post
Old 30-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #11
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNOSF6
Possibly.

You'd need to run a spacer between the hub and original caliper mount correct, so you'll have a bracket attached to the hub that is then attached to the calliper/bracket. Is this correct or am i looking at it wrong.

I know when i put the AP's on my last monaro i switched to a larger discs and fitted a 15mm spacer between the top of the bracket and the caliper, i got dragged over the pits for a non engineered blower and they nailed me for the spacers. I couldnt find an engineer anywhere that would sign there name to it.
1.What you say is correct.A custom bracket will mount to the original caliper mount holes on the stub axle and then the caliper mounts to to the bracket.
2.I am guessing these were radial mounted calipers and the only reason you got pinged was because you ran some spacers between the bracket and caliper but if you had a proper bracket made to clear the larger rotor i reckon you may not of had the issue.
I am proud to say that we have never supplied a brake kit that has not passed an engineers report.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote