View Single Post
Old 26-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
I bought a set of these for my missus' wagon and thay've been on for 5000kms so far without a drama. The only thing I've noticed is that under extreme emergency braking I can feel a high frequency vibration coming through the pedal and wheel. It's not a dodgy disc problem like when they need machining as there's no shimmy in the steering wheel and the frequency is too high. My guess is it's the pads reacting and snagging the edge of the slots in the disc under extreme pressure but as I've never had slotted discs before I don't know if this is normal or if it's soft pads or if it's a different issue. Either way, it only happens under maximum braking and never at any other time and the car still pulls up straight and true and better than it used to from high speed. I've not noticed any other issues as yet but as I said, they've only gone 5000kms so time will tell. As yet I'm not unhappy with my investment.
Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers
Bushbasher
It's normal, under emergency braking you will feel the slots a bit.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote