View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 01:28 AM   #257
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Found out today that the sporting car club of SA and that motor cycle club have or are in the final process of buying the Tailem Bend test track from the council. They will be meeting with representatives of the South Australian Drag Racing Association (SADRA) and the Crusauders drag club and ANDRA also other influential members of the drag racing community to work together to get Tailem Bend up and running.

The plan maybe to run as a second grade 1/8th mile track in the begining then as cash flow improves to step up to first grade 1/8th and then quarter mile.

The good news is that everyone is willing to work together to a resalution. They want to let the drag racing community run their own events and fully support ANDRA drag racing at all levels. Events will be low key for a while until funds allow inprovements to be made. Ithink they plan to run as non profit so all profits will be tipped back into the facility.

Weather Adelaide can run two drag racing facilities so close together remains to be seen (thats if Gilman takes off), i think it can especially if T.B. is only 1/8th mile. If both tracks work together in cross promotion it could work out very well but if they keep to their own agendas there could be problems. Competion between tracks could give the fans better bang for their buck but with bigger overheads at Gilman dont expect a day at the races at Gilman to be very cheap.

Drag racing at TB may not be as far away as i thought, so watch this space i will update you all as soon as i here anything.
COUPE 72 is offline   Reply With Quote