View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 10:36 PM   #24
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
You are right.

As I stated, if it was fitted at the dealer,then it should have been replaced/fixed by that dealer.
(to use part of DanielXR8's post - if you buy a TV from JB HiFi, will Hardly Normal repair it for you if it breaks under warranty?)

I know what you are saying but I have to disagree. When I go to a Ford dealer and buy a Ford vehicle, with a Ford original accessory, any member of the Ford dealer chain should look after warranty issues on that product.

Otherwise, imagine I buy a Super Pursuit with three piece hard cover in Brisbane, 6 months later I move to Perth with the ute. Then the lock breaks on the hard cover, do I have to return it to the Brisbane dealer for after sales care on a Ford authorised and fitted accessory? Of course I don't, if I did I would think long and hard before buying Ford again.

Dealers do not provide the warranty or fund the repairs, Ford do, but the dealer is the factory authorised repair centre. JB Hi Fi and Harvey Norman are not the authorised repair centre, they send it to the repair centre. I bet Harvey Norman would give you contact details for the repair centre though.

Example, I buy a ASUS lap top in Brisbane from a Franchise that operates in the eastern states only. This lap top has an ASUS authorised RAM upgrade fitted as part of the sale and fitted in the tech section of the store. I then move to Perth and within the warranty period the lap top fails. I can not take back to thore store I bought from. I call the manufacturer and they send me to my nearest service centre for assessment and repair, easy. If they find it was the RAM upgrade that was fitted at the time of sale, they replace it. Ford send the customer to the nearest service centre for assessment and repair, this is any ford dealer.