View Single Post
Old 30-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #165
robbyg
72xa

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I grew up on PC games (started in 1990 before I turned 7), have a terrible attention span for lectures (after studying primary teaching for 4.5 years and also listening to your old man's lectures, it happens :P), and I also grew up on Sesame Street, and I have a fairly low opinion on Kevin Rudd.

However, with the kiddies who voted for the first time, I feel that may be relevant. I however feel it is for a number of reasons.

I see him as a media performer who prostitutes popular forms of media viewed by young people especially to appeal to a large number of people. He is very good at selling himself. He marketed Howard as an out-of-date fossil who had 'lost touch' and himself as the saviour to make Australia a world leader.

However, his inaction and inability to deliver on many of his marketing points is what makes even more unattractive.

I am glad the ETS did not pass because I am personally not convinced of the effects of global warming; at least not at the level that the media indulged in.
There are too many arguments from both sides and until I see undeniable evidence, I refuse to believe a boogeyman.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/you...-1225859621422

Read the comments by 'Isosceles Kramer'. I wrote it admittedly, but got a response of support from one of the editors of the Herald Sun.

I think Rudd wants to do the right thing, but he just doesn't know how to.

Or perhaps I have no idea what I'm on about...which is also a likely possibility.

Na mate you do have some idea, you have hit the nail on the head, never hear him on sydney talkback, only the gay fm stations, whooing the younger people with his spin, to me the hand doesnt fit the glove, had enough of politics and smokin stuff tonight on the forum might have a look at some good old falcons
robbyg is offline   Reply With Quote