View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #33
Fenno70
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
My sister being a non car person asked me to come and look at cars in her price range and requirements last december. First car i said to go look at was a mondeo wagon which she liked, thought it was nice inside and out. It drove ok. She has been driving a honda crv for five years. Then we went to vw which was a big step up in fit and finish but so were the $$$$. Lastly we stopped at mazda and they had a diesel wagon there. Drove it and loved it to bits, did a deal there and then. I think it was around 38k with some extras.

She has had it 3mths now and is very happy with it. It is her first diesel which she would never had looked at if i hadn't pushed her. As 4vman said there is a big gap between the two.
Yep great if you like driving a manual! I really liked the Mazda6 as well but went for the Mondeo diesel as it was an auto. Am loving the car, couldn't give a ******** about it's reputation, what people think etc I like it and that's all the counts. And boo hoo about resale, all cars lose money. Cars with good resale are overpriced in the first place.

The Mondeo is in the same predicament as the Vectra...they've got a mid-sized car that is more expensive than their large car. Vectra was a damn good car and so is the Mondeo - in terms of product range they are trying to fit square pegs in round holes. They'd be better off doing away with that bland piece of bread called a Falcon. You go to a dealer and say I've $35k what do you think they will sell you...an XR6 of course or a G6E. They've got a million of them ready to move and with local manufacturing incentives.

There's more to this than simple advertising.
Fenno70 is offline   Reply With Quote