View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 09:26 AM   #220
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut Queen
Hey Bindi,

I've been told that our bodies retain water when we're not drinking enough of it. Kind of like when you starve yourself so your body decides to store fat next time you eat in case you do it again. When you don't drink enough your body stores water the next time you drink. That's what I've heard anyway.

I'm interested in this blood type diet because a lot of people have said it works for them. Problem is I don't know my blood type lol
Well I've now lost 3kg in 3 weeks by following the diet - and believe me, I've not been exercising all that much.

I've avoided eating:
Potatoes
Tomatoes
Milk products (except for yoghurt and sour cream, allowed to have those - so I've been drinking soy)
Meat (TG my blood type says I SHOULDN'T eat it)
Too much wheat
Butter
Eggplant
Black tea (green tea is really nice actually)

The list is longer for what I should avoid but I never ate those other things anyway. I've still been eating a bit of chocolate and have sugar in my tea/coffee.

So the diet seems to be working. I think it's cos these things that are on my avoid list actually play havoc with digestion of food, and with acidity levels etc. And the way your blood and your body uses the nutrients from certain food differs from one blood type to the next. For example, my hubby was a vegetarian until he started the diet. He ate steak for the first time in 2 years and the very next day had so much energy he went for a jog. That was over a year ago and he's lost over 30kg (with only 15-20 kg to go).

I've never been on a diet where it says I can eat chocolate and sugar and still lose weight

Oh and with the water retention, I have been drinking more water and doing gentle exercise and it seems to help. I am about to start taking a herbal diuretic as well.
How's everyone else going???!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote