View Single Post
Old 31-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #88
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Bud

The AU and perticulary the AU1 Forte, well I still can not beleive that no one did not blow a whistle before it ultimately ended up in production. Somebody was really asleep behind the wheel during this time imho. If this was a Commodore instead of a Falcon, I would find it hard to believe that any one here would still defend it, after all the VE gets smashed here at times for its looks and it is not in the same league as the AU again imho. And the dash is the worst of any of them. The car itself is bullet proof though but I did not think that this was the point of this thread. If somebody started the worst looking Falcon thread, I wonder how many times the AU would be outed?
I don't think the AU is quite as bad you make it out to be, Bud Bud. In 1998 it was weird looking and very hard on the eyes, compared to the VT which looked great. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though, and the AU today looks really fresh and sleek. I'd definitely pick an AU over the new Mondeo. The AU has aged brilliantly, whereas the VT has aged terribly. I was looking at a tidy, clean AU1 Forte last night with the optional 5-spoke alloys and they really aren't that ugly.