View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 05:43 PM   #65
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Well..for the street this converter has been great on takeoff but not so powerful midrange.The stall speed is 3200 rpm. Off the line I haveyet to be beaten.I believe my 60ft times would be one ofthe quickest if not the quickest out of an AU auto in this country.Unfortunately we will never know.I am taking it back out.
I do not believe that a 3200rpm stall is good for the AU six.I believe that the ideal stall speed is 2500 to 2700 rpm.Whoever gets more is destroying their usable power band. If you want to be the red light king..this is the converter for you. As mentioned before I have pass everycar off the mark by 2 to 6 car lengths..its great fun.

My 0-100 before stall was 6.9 seconds.Now it is 7.45.

The stalled AU now would beat my standard AU by 2 car lengths at the lights but be the slower to 100 kays. I am quite determined to get rid of this but enjoy the getaway.
After timing my vehicle today I am heading for a 16.8 1/4 mile due to this unit.

It flings me forward,1st gear diaapears,then goes into second at 3200 rpm and locksup ..but too late then hits third at 3200 rpm and flies to 5500 rpm. Thos converter would accelerate my car much better if it was made to stall as requested at 2500-2700 rpm.Off the mark it would not be as fast but would be better to 100 and the 1/4.So there you go..bigger is not always better.The only other thing I am thinkng of is to get some 3.7 gears to make this work better..

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote