View Single Post
Old 24-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #188
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Default Re: What will be the next "Classic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
The problem that Ford has now (and I'll say now that I'm a big six cylinder fan) is that they've forgotten that the V8 models like the GT is supposed to be "the ultimate", in power and performance.

For many years now they haven't been. The turbo six has been the weapon of choice, unless you purely want to listen to an exhaust note. The 310kw turbo six is amazing, but I look at a big poster on my son-in-laws wall with "The mother of all performance cars", the 260kw GT.

Come on Ford...if you were serious the "normal" GT would wipe the floor with any six cylinder you build.
Unfortunately the demon of technology has caught up with the old V8's...and did some time ago.

They'll be worth money in the future, but a bit of thier gloss has been lost by Ford forgetting that the V8 performance optioned cars should be the star model at the top of the heap, instead of a very exclusive luxury performance car which is, to be blunt, a little soft...
I think you forget GT is and always stands for Grand Tourer.If you want the ultimate performance ford it was in HO spec which unfortanately is not an option in todays market.I think that every GT build for the public fits this criteria very well.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote