View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #77
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: So is it the end of the Holden??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
What amazes me is that people still think Holden is much safer than Ford because they run two shifts,
everytime you look in the press, it's always production numbers, it's always the most sales.
So true, I remember quite well the gloating and arrogance on some Holden forums pre-GFC and leading into it that Ford Oz was dead and Ford Global leading the funeral procession. Fast forward a few years and then we find out it was Holden that only just got saved from GM dumping it during it's Chapter 11 backruptcy and reorganisation due to Aust Gov. financial guarantees and Cruze funding assistance. If not for the assistance it was gone...Ford Australia never even got close to this level of survival desperation and yet all negative focus was solely on Ford and it continues today thanks to Gover, Hagon, Spinks et al...

I understand Ford will never be held in the same regard as Holden by the Australian public or media however it's built cars for longer in Australia and last time I looked both have US parents that pull the same strings and both employ Australians...and why don't Gover, Hagon, Spinks et al...just go back to writing roadtests on cars....wouldn't that be novel for motoring journo's.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 11-01-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote