View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #45
Nolz

Default Re: Candy Red Diesel Sport - first impressions & pics!

Gday Craig! CONGRATS!!!!! If your car is as good to you as mine has been to me then you'll be one happy camper. A definitely upgrade from the fiesta. I spent a lot of time tire kicking and I did look at the fiesta, and the focus is a vast improvement in ALL areas!

I've long been a fan of Meguiars car car products gear, easy to find and middle of the road pricing. I do the 3 step (cleaning polish, wax and polish wax, then the carnauba wax) wax twice a year and the usual washes in between and all my cars have kept pretty well over time. Just discovered a spray and wipe wax for in between full details. Works a treat!

Run in seems less critical these days however I have always been a fan of running it in on the harder side of things. This seems to be the sentiment from a lot of mecahincs too.

Next week is almost here mate! Not long to go.

Are you a Sydneysider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdmb
Hey there Nolz. Well your awesome pictures have done it. I take delivery of a 11/11 Diesel Sport in Candy Red next week... the WS Fiesta Zetec was written off due to hail damage, so Im thinking it will be a fantastic upgrade. I havent actually seen one in red but your pictures convinced me. I was leaning towards a red car anyway. May I ask what brand wax and/or polish you used. The car looks remarkable and the job youve done with the DRL's looks great too. Would have loved a Titanium with the Sports Exec pack but reading up more and more re turning circle and the harshness on the road/increased noise makes me think the Sport was the better option and about the limit of my spending All up just under 33K D/A with a few accesories thrown in. Not sure if thats a good deal but kind of needing a car at the moment. Also did you have to run in the vehicle, is that still required these days?
Nolz is offline   Reply With Quote