View Single Post
Old 19-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #290
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Ok, Something that REALLY ***** me off, and I mean REALLY.
When looking online at something like cars on Gumtree, or on real-estate.com, or on e-bay, etc. They have all these categories to help you narrow down what you’re looking for.
For example you can go on Gumtree and choose that you want a Ford Fairmont, 2001-2002, in blue, <150,000km, <$5,000, registered, on LPG, in Perth, etc, etc.
AND do you think people can fill out the categories correctly? “My Fragrant French **** they can.” I mean how HARD is it, they’re all mostly tick boxes.
We’re also looking to buy a new house, and because I am sick of fighting with the effing ranger about cars on the verge, I am looking for a house with multiple garages. Yet I see an ad for a home that the agent claims has SIX, and yet looking at the picture it doesn’t even have a freaking garage or carport. Where are these “SIX” parking bays?
Ebay is full of merchants that advertise they have a warehouse in: Sydney, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Berlin etc etc etc.

So, when trying to buy larger items that I would want to inspect / see working prior to handing over a large sum I would email these people with the basic question of inspection at their Sydney warehouse...

I would either get no reply, or one that states they are international and I'm not to worry about if it's from Sydney or not.

Same when I question where I can take the item back to for repair or warranty... you would think the local warehouse... right? Their first reply is something vague about how "I needn't worry as they will look after me in all situations". So, I ask the same question again, this time with a request to reply to the question directly. Does it go to their 'local warehouse' Nope, post back to some Asian country because the Sydney / NY / Berlin etc places don't exist....

And Ebay couldn't give a hoot....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote