View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 02:06 AM   #62
HotRod
Boost is only option

good stuff....still dosnt explain were the shot peened and linished rods come from nor the oringing,anyhow,the only linishing done to the rods were at the top near the pin so the forged piston has clearance under the crown to not grab the conrod , if you dont do it it dont fit full stop , i no this cause the next set off rods had to be linished to fit , and then balanced , as for the crank if it was to be balanced than when it was compaired to another stock crank well dam me they were both done in the same machine shop.....so good job on the crank GTPFPV
as for the gear box well time was the teller , had it been serviced a bit more it may have not damaged the front drum and b1 band , oil in the gear box and the sludge in the pan that had been in there for a number off kms
, sludge had to be scratchs out off auto pan with a screw driver..hmm ant been off for a while

no fuss at all casper (NOT), mystery ....now apart from alot off tyre kickers
you carnt tell me it never detonated nor the car used bucket loads off oil before me, as for crankcase breathing no engine should breath like this baby was
as for the cars only done one track day here and only one drag meet there......ive seen turbocharged cars do half a ramp on a chassie dyno and be damaged and they dont usually fix them selves let along some badlly melted sparklers , (
anyway i come on this forum to find out a gearbox problem
i found it and fixed it
lets see what the next epersode brings
if its a warning to anyone thats buying another persons project/TIME Bomb , think again
buy all means check the link out

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-AU-XR6-T...QQcmdZViewItem

how convincing is it , i was convinced 3000kms latter i no its a new car
HotRod