Thread: Cyclists
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2006, 02:42 AM   #51
Aeron
DJR Fan

I tell you what there a lot if people on here sounds awfully stupid. I cycle, as does my family. We obey the road rules and wether you like it or not, the road rules state that cyclists are entitle to a lane unless otherwise posted. The cyclist that doesn’t obey the road rules around cars will, in the end, find them selves in a hospital ward. But the car driver that doesn't obey the road rules around a cyclist will end up killing someone.
Rego for pushbikes is just a ridiculous idea. Car rego goes towards the upkeep of roads and fixing the damage done by cars etc. Im yet to see a cycle way that has needed to be resealed due to excess usage. My bike, with me on it, is $85Kg. Oooo, thats going to do a lot of damage to the road.
Last but not least the new M7 in Sydney. Bike are permitted to use the bike track or they can use the cycle lane, but as someone else said, there is that much shìt that builds up in that lane (glass, gravel etc...) that it cant be used safely. Here is a photo i took of the new M7. Its a gate that leads from the cycle way to the cycle lane. Bikes can use it, and it’s a hell of a lot flatter than the cycle path.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...y/DSC_2887.jpg
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote