View Single Post
Old 16-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Cruise control won't work.

Ok, this is driving me nuts. The other day I was tracing an issue where the car wouldn't run on petrol which turned out to be one of the plugs having come adrift on the change over switch. To get to it I had to pull the fuse box out and I also went to the relay in the drivers foot well kick panel. While I was at it I also re-sealed the gas line from the converter to the mixer chasing a starting stutter, in doing so I had to disconnect the plug from the master cylinder pressure switch as the pipe elbow coming from the converter is nearly up against the plug which made it awkward to get the plug off......... so, when I fixed all the Fuel problems I put the car back together and everything was hunky dory ...till I went for a drive and discovered my CC was no longer working, it comes up on the dash when activated but won't engage, hmmm???. So I came back and proceeded to chase the problem thinking it had to be something I'd done while fixing the fuel issue. To shorten the story a bit, I'll tell you that since yesterday I've checked all the fuses and changed out the brake light globes, the brake pedal switch, the master cylinder pressure switch, the clock spring and the steering wheel buttons and still the CC won't engage. I've checked that there is power getting to the master cylinder pressure switch, thinking I'd broken one of the wires, and there's power there. I even got into the plug and bent the tabs back in a bit to make sure there was a good contact when plugged in. At this point, let me say that there are no other issues or dash lights or codes showing up and everything else is doing what it's supposed to. I'm completely baffled now and can't think what to try next so I'm hoping someone on here can help me out, is there anything I've missed?

Cheers
Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote