View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #10
pks54
Ford Power To The People

Default Re: Air con problem? Advice on Service?

Hi I posted a problem with my AU2 XR8 last year like the problem you stated in your first post. The A/C worked then cut out. The compressor would then not engage pressing the A/C button on and off until I turned off the engine then turned it back on. It would then work again for about 5 to 10 minutes then cut out and not come back on again.

Took it to many a/c places and they could not find the problem due to it being mainly an intermittent problem, and sometimes the thing just dammed worked when I took the car back to them. I could not work it out.

After spending many dollars the thing is still not fixed. But I'll be ****ed I discovered that if the fan is on the highest setting (setting Number 4) the a/c works all the time and does not cut out. But if the fan setting is on like number 1 or 2, the problem starts again.

So these days the fan stays on full blast while the a/c is on. It is a bit noisy because the fan is running full blast but atleast its cold in the car on those hot days.

Beats the hell out of me why it does it, but maybe try this and see if its like mine.
pks54 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: