View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 01:24 AM   #45
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I'm not too sure how much the humidity effected todays results. It may have taken a few kw's off but I doubt it would have made a huge difference to most cars. I may be wrong though.
If it was on a dyno dynamics dyno (DDD), and it was run in shootout mode, you are nearly right Casper (in that it makes little difference) - in theory, it is supposed to make zero difference to the results. The readings are what they are. Shootout mode is programmed to correct for high temp, humidity, etc, etc. This way, you are supposed to be able to compare dyno results from one DDD to another, even if they are across the other side of the world! Well.. that's the theory anyway, and assumes that the rollers on the dyno get sufficient grip, the dyno is kept callibrated, etc.

I didn't go to this dyno run, but as my last results were also on a DDD, I think I get bragging rights back over Casper. Until we go head to head, that is - at which time I will be able to tell him what colour smoke comes out of his exhaust (or not).. LOL
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT

Last edited by JC; 06-02-2005 at 01:27 AM. Reason: the usual (spelling)
JC is offline   Reply With Quote