View Single Post
Old 20-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #1257
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

People that don't think!!

We have some friends that are moving back to Adelaide today and yesterday the wife stops by and complains that her AUIII sedan, suddenly, yesterday started running rough when she takes off and when it's running up a rise, so, under load. After much question asking to ascertain exactly what the symptoms are, and when was the last time the car had certain parts replaced or looked at, to which I got a blank stare or the ubiquitous "um, can't remember", I figured out they hadn't touched the car for the last 40,000kms!!
I immediately sent her off to buy some plugs, oil and a filter so I could at least give it a quick service. I wrote down what plugs and filter to buy and what viscosity oil she needed but,stupid me, didn't specify what oil so when she came back she had bought diesel oil .
So this morning, after getting the right oil and servicing it and then doing much diagnosing and scanning it with Forscan etc. it's running a bit better but looks like it has a dodgy fuel pump, just what you need when you are about to pull a full trailer 600kms to your new house. Luckily they're with the RAA so if it does fail at least they won't be stuck.

But GEEZ!! I could have slapped both her and her husband.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote