View Single Post
Old 25-08-2014, 09:11 PM   #21
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Default Re: WA Hoon Laws - VF HSV permanently confiscated and to be auctioned off

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Interesting.

So, if an offender (in a borrowed car) for the sake of discussion, something very expensive, and does jail bait speed and gets caught, has a full strike count already, and the registered owner is actually paying a lease on it, it still gets forfeited? Even though its the property of (in this case) a fourth party?

God, govco really is serious about making someone pay

What a **** fight that would be, and not exactly far fetched.
You may remember (last year I think) the story of a mechanic here in Perth getting done in a Lambo owned by one of his customers. Car was impounded. No if, buts, whatever.

Sure, not a great result for the innocent (that particular time) owner, but that's the law. I'd rather see a few extra people 'inconvenienced' than more people getting away with it and killing others through their stupidity. Maybe I'm getting old, but being the father of small children really chnages your perspective on things.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: