View Single Post
Old 14-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #1551
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
now, now......count to 10 and just smile......the blunt end of the crowbar will not only straighten up the post but will firm it up as well.
Like I said, I cemented them in yesterday so the cement is too "set" to allow for a little friendly persuasion with the crow bar without ruining the integrity of the cement I reckon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
wait til it's dry, in a few day's, then just give it some gentle nudging on the "off" side.
It's over 2 foot into a hard clay base so I don't think it's going to move unless I can put enough pressure on it to bend the 50mm square tubing.

But that was never the issue, like I said, the lean is no more than a 1 or 2 degrees at most, just enough to be noticeable at the top of the line of posts and only if you eye it up like I did. It's about it now being just slightly loose, maybe 3-4mm of motion at the top of the fence once finished. I might let it dry completely and see if I can drizzle a little water, with a sprinkling of cement dust in it, down the back side of the post into the gap to back fill it and firm it up.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote