View Single Post
Old 27-04-2015, 11:51 PM   #285
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: My FGX XR8 denied warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
Because this is a FORD forum???

And because some of us have the common sense not to do anything that can risk voiding the warranty while said car is still under a warranty.

I'm sick of the Ford bashing. With 'fans' like these, who needs enemies? Ford have done nothing that is against their warranty policy or that other manufacturers wouldn't have done.

Very funny, but it should be pointed out that nothing is stopping people from taking their performance Fords to the race track, it's just that doing so will be at the owner's own risk. That has been made explicitly clear under Ford's warranty policy.

The product has to be fit for purpose in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law. But show me where in the ACL it states that the consumer guarantees continue to apply if the consumer misused the product.

Secondly, the manufacturer's warranty is part of the contract between the manufacturer and the owner. To the extent that it is not inconsistent with the ACL, it applies and Ford have the legal discretion to void the warranty if the consumer used the product in a manner expressly stipulated as that which may void the warranty.

I think it's more like the warranty not being applicable when the owner decides that the shower is a brilliant place to install it.

Then there's court fees which, depending on the length of the trial and the court in which it is held, whether video-conferencing or tele-conferencing is used, can in some cases be around $5,000 to $7,000.

And even if you win and have a costs order in your favour, you will still be out of pocket several grand. If you win, as a general rule, you'll only be able to recover approximately 60% to 70% of what you have to pay the lawyer.
Lol ok...
4 users like this post: