View Single Post
Old 15-01-2016, 02:56 PM   #109
DEATH_INC
Starter Motor

Default Re: Definitive au2-au3 brake upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grug1 View Post
A local wrecker I contacted has done several of these upgrades on AU series I's and suggested going with the EB swaybar and links rather than AUII or later swaybar.

has anyone attempted this upgrade with the EB bar??
Just thought this needed bringing up again as I spent over an hour looking for the answer;
The EB bar can be used, but it isn't the ideal solution. It bolts to the factory AU1 swaybar mounts, but it doesn't curve outwards towards the wheel. It requires drilling a new hole in the lower arm for the link to attach through, in the 'web' of the arm near where the hole the abs wire clip goes through, which of course reduces the effectiveness of the swaybar, due to the changes in leverage ratio applied.

I used AU2/3 arms/bar.

I just upgraded the front of My AU1 xr8 to 322's with slotted discs and Znoelli Hi-temp pads, a couple of things worth mentioning I think...
If you have an XR8 it has a 27mm swaybar...most of the non-XR's only have a 23mm bar (I got an aftermarket 30mm one after I noticed ....)
I used new BA lines and the original bolt on brake line brackets from the BA (no cable ties ) and it all fitted together perfectly, the Pedal is no spongier than before either.
I did it comfortably in a shade under 5 hours-drive in drive out...though I did use the hoist at work and a power bleeder...

Last edited by DEATH_INC; 15-01-2016 at 03:20 PM.
DEATH_INC is offline   Reply With Quote