View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 08:29 PM   #165
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

I had a melt down recently, i wont go into the trigger but i'll share my coping method with you guys.

Last saturday afternoon my best mate and i took off for a 4 night stay at Victor Harbor on SA's Fleurieu Peninsula for a bit of R&R and a paddle.
Home was my Camper trailer set up at the beachfront caravan park in Victor.

We set up home and grabbed some KFC for tea before settling into a few of Jim Beams best.
The following day was a bit blowy so after our customary bacon and egg sunday breakfast we took off for a stroll around Granite Island before a serve of local caught fish and chips at a local eatery.
That night we knocked up a quick BBQ and packed for a paddle up the Coorong the next morning, Jim Beam again was called upon to helped settle the mood.

Monday morning was about as good as it gets, a forecast of 29, a southerly breeze of 8 knots and the sheltered waters of the Coorong to explore for the first time.
We left the beacon 19 boat ramp at 7am and paddled towards the mouth of the mighty Murray river taking in all the sights and birdlife along the way, tranquility is an understatement.
I've always wanted to get closer to this part of the world and this was a great opportunity.
Despite its natural beauty, the shrine to a bloke called 'COCKY' was sobering enough to remind you this is one of the most treacherous pieces of water on the entire coastline of our great country.
Standing there on the edge of the channel flowing at full tilt it came across me that if i took 2 steps forward the complications of life could be over in seconds, such is the thin line between coping and giving up.

The paddle home was good thinking time, i needed that.

We got some rain the following day, 40mm in 4 hours and 3" running through the annex, oh well, at least i know its waterproof, if it absorbed that lot it would survive anything SA weather can muster up.

We packed on Wednesday morning and made our way home stinking of Jim Beam and salt water, but most importantly with a clear mind.

A few pics to share...

Last edited by BENT_8; 10-11-2018 at 11:31 AM.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: