View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 11:45 PM   #443
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf6 View Post
I died once. After a breakup with a girlfriend. Waking up not being able to breathe,with a balloon down my throat, getting my stomach pumped. Plus a killer migraine was enough to deter me. Life can be depressing at times. Work, work, work, sleep repeat.
Life has too many unanswered questions. It seems the only way to enjoy it is to live in the moment and not question anything. Is that how a 'normal' functioning human lives? Ignorance is bliss, but what happens when one is no longer content with living like this? Questions like: 'Why are we born ?' 'Did I have a choice to be born or not?' 'Why be happy if everything is temporal?' 'Why sleep if you have to wake up again?' 'Why eat if you will get hungry again?' 'If there is no birth, there is no death, so therefore being born is extremely cruel, so birth is a tragedy?' Once these thoughts bombard you long enough, waking up becomes a chore, eating becomes a chore, existing itself becomes a chore.. Everything grows meaningless, reality itself looks more and more like a big scam, a big illusion and so does 'happiness' or whatever that means. No amount of money, affection, material possessions can really create that mythical 'happiness'. So what is happiness? Being able to maintain a neutral balance of emotions? If one were constantly happy, wouldn't they then be insane ? So what is the opposite of depression, if one has most probably slipped into depression? Is it the care free , gullible mindset of a child which always hopes for the best, believes in 'forever' before all these concepts are dented, scratched and destroyed by the elements of this cruel existence ?
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: