View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 10:57 PM   #137
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 
Default Re: What does everyone do for a hobby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Mate do not underestimate the Ruger as a quality product, and don't let the price fool you.

I have had my Ruger Model 77 for probably around 15-20 years, it cost $595 including rings and I fitted a cheap Tasco Scope for around $200. It is a quality product that will hit a matchbox at 100 metres without fail and a cigarette packet at 200 metres. And been on more hunting trips than I can remember.

It's a .222 as it was bought before the .223 was popular.

Posted these photos before:

Here is what three shots at 100 metres look like:

Nice shooting. Is that less than half inch?
I do think the Ruger will be good. But the Tikka will be excellent. I've decided to get the Tikka T3X varmint which has a heavier barrel that should be a little better for target shooting but still not too heavy for stalking.
I can't wait. I got my game hunting license today but still probably 3 weeks away from getting my firearms license.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: