Thread: Intake Mod.
View Single Post
Old 24-03-2006, 06:12 PM   #21
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
What's it attached to and what did you use to attach it?

I can imagine how you would get more airflow as the air is deflected off the flap, onto the underneath of the bonnet and into the snorkel. Good one.

I reckon Casper has the idea though, 2 dyno runs will confirm it.

GK
Thats actually the other mod me/we did your on about ( the small flap for the intake ) , its attatched to the main chassis just infront of the snorkle , i made/folded like a type of compressed clip lip on mine so it clips on, nice and snug tight fitting too , I've checked it a few times since and it hasn't moved a thou' ..lol , took a bit longer to fold the clip mechanism right but i didn't want to have to drill & screw it onto the chassis ..... <-- thats the 'OMG - it actually worked a bit' mod/thread ... lol

This mod im on about here is a totally different mod more along the lines of keeping the whole intake pipe cold right up to the intake manifold. ;)

sorry about there being 2 threads on C.A.I mods but this thread i didnt start , and this thread sorta merged into this from the above yak yak being more along the lines of this kinda intake mod ..lol cheers ;)

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote