Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 08:17 PM   #181
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Those Suzuki 2 strokes are said to be legendary. I have never spotted one or heard one running.

Gave the Husqvarna its first run today. Performed very well, still some user adjustment on my part. This will sound pretty weird, but it even has some nice induction roar.
They're real revvers , mine smokes a bit briefly once started but then is fine.Has done that ever since new.. Nothing hoes through thick , wet grass like a 2 stroke though..Will always have a 2 stroke for that reason .

Glad to read your Husky ran well . I've only started my 129 a couple of times yet without really using it . Just did a bit near the shed . looking forward though to 'breaking her in' over the next few months while the old Jonsy takes life a bit easier. Re the fuel mix ..You're right , the book specifies 50 to 1 . As there was a quarter of a tank filled for me on delivery from Launceston Mowers and Chainsaws who are the Husky dealers near me I've yet to fill the tank . Would have mixed 50 to 1 as per book . Not too sure now if that's what they told you .

The old Jonsered has always had 25 to 1 though right from new . Heck of a lot of fuel through her over 24 years and still going strong . Husky book does definitely say 50 to 1 though . Just double checked ..Figuring better too much oil than not enough , especially on a brand new engine , maybe .I bought it over the phone and it was courier delivered so I never spoke to the sales bloke face to face . Will ring tomorrow to check this though ..Thanks for letting me know this could be the case ... Cheers

Last edited by roddy1960; 02-12-2018 at 08:39 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: