View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 03:02 PM   #341
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Yes and no, this is a u-blox neo-6m unit, the real sat-nav FDIMs are u-blox lea-6r but the only difference I could see is the lea-6 is a lower power unit. The iGo software understands heaps of formats, apparently, from looking at the exe. But yes, these devices use a simple 2 wire serial port. I could write a new "gps" program to use a different device (the current one configures u-blox ones only) but these are dirt cheap and readily available - so not worth the effort in my mind.

The trick in getting something else (open source) working on these units is the navi_2_hmi_connector program, as that's the thing that allows the navi software to take over the screen and get touch points back... I have no idea how it works, so it would be difficult to make other software work with it.

That's the main reason my gauges are using a part of the screen (the two bottom corners) that isn't used by anything else. That, and every QNX program I write ends up with me re-creating more and more of the QNX library - I doubt the QNX graphics lib I've already got working would be compatible in any way with open source nav software. So lots of work.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: