View Single Post
Old 15-03-2020, 11:04 PM   #346
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

No luck getting FPV Gauges working. The fpv_gauges program starts by sending a command to the smaller CPU to configure the times to request readings for each dial.. CAN BUS stuff.. Then it expects the values to come in repeatedly at those intervals. All it does it decode the data coming in and passes it to the HMI program (which apparently handles graphics and buttons). I was successful in faking the g-force data, and that has V1 and V2 formats (V1 only does g-force, V2 does all the gauges). I had thought having that one would enable things - but no. I even spammed the HMI data ports to try to get it working (and found a few interesting things as I went - like the firmware update screen, the navi overlay screen, bluetooth update screen among others).

In between having inspiration and being stuck, I worked on the touch screen. Damn thing took all week to work out. You need to read packets from the handle in multiples of 24 bytes otherwise you get nothing! Once I worked that out (this morning - after trying many other things all week) it was easily sorted.

I also worked out how to force a screen-refresh. That spam I had sent in really worked out. This was something I had wanted for a while - my "gauges" stop updating when the ignition is off and also stop painting.. They are meant to disappear at that point, but were just left hanging around. Not anymore.

Using the new touch screen press logic, I now allow each side of the "gauges" to be toggled on and off by pressing their location. Speed/G-force & Temps/Volts/Boost. You can also press them with ignition off now, which temporarily shows them (the one just pressed always and the other one if it isn't disabled) for a second to two. It only shows the last known values though, until ignition is turned on again.

Pretty happy with it all though.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote