Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 23-03-2020, 09:12 AM   #378
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
This is what I see happening and it is really a bad situation.

The feds all along have been very slow to react, their focus has primarily been to look at the massive economic impacts a nationwide shutdown would impose, their health experts do not operate a single hospital. Instead literally throwing money at the problem. Secondary has been the medical issue.

Whilst the states are bearing the brunt of a medical emergency, they operate the hospitals and these facilities and staff are being smashed. Hence many of the states have said enough is enough! We’re implementing lockdowns, shops, schools, sports everything non essential.

This major disconnect between the two became evident on Sunday afternoon when ScoMo was caught on the back foot by Vic and NSW decisions.

ScoMo’s response to the states, a half hearted lockdown and a passing shot at the states, basically if the states decided to implement a lockdown they do so at their own risk and they will be contributing to the huge economic hit to Australia, and btw the increase in active cases is because people aren’t succinctly obeying our social distancing rules.

Trying to figure out this mess, leads me to conclude that the feds position is that not enough people have died to warrant a national shutdown.
I get the feeling that whilst Scomo is obviously concerned about us, he's equally in survival mode of his own position and is now pointing to the populations actions to justify any further action.
We made him do it.