Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 24-03-2020, 09:28 PM   #527
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by XByoot View Post
The other thing I hope your works looks at is age and health issues of who it lays off. Some of the older folks here put their hands up, totally reasonable . Any smokers might be not the best either given the respiratory risks.
Nobody has been laid off at my work yet. One bloke decided to take leave as work has slowed down, then said yes to taking another week when work asked. One bloke took a couple of days to attend a wedding of overseas people and doesnt qualify for the test, so work said unless there is a negative test report, 2 weeks for you, and you need to meet a criteria to get tested. The other bloke has no work as he works in, and only works in, 1 building thats been shut down due to 9 confirmed cases. Its still a dicey situation for me. I pay a mortgage and bills. Regardless of payment freezes, i still need a job. Anything centrelink is rubbish compared to getting paid. Its one of those things i try not to stress about. But it plays in the back of my mind. Espesially as there are now so many people equally as able to do my job, out of work, willing to get back into the workforce for less then what i get paid. I have my long service up my sleeve, i may use that as a threat as i dunno how pretty the amount in payroll is at the moment.
This user likes this post: