Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2020, 12:57 PM   #2167
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
I suspect that what Doc was implying was "don't get caught".
Then again as Rowan Atkinson said (in his Headmaster character) " no one ever got hurt because of a Fatal Thrashing"
Back to the Pandemic
Close, what I was implying is that as a child who was, let's use the word as some suggest smacked as a child I saw and see it as abuse.

Most days I was beaten with a horsewhip and on most days I had bleeding welts all over my body as big as adult fingers, along with bashings with wooden sticks and everything else in between.

So when I see people who think it is fine to hit kids I get a bit pizzed, and yes that even applies to little taps people call fine.

The amount of damage you can do to a child's soul is immense, and often when people smack children it says more about that persons own frustrations and or ability to control their own actions over and above teaching children right from wrong.

Not here preaching what others should do that's your choice, but after raising 2 beautiful girls without one smack all I can say is it is not needed, but I also do not bother trying to change peoples minds who think they are right because it is a waste of my time.

End Rant, _ and yes back on topic.
6 users like this post: