Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2020, 11:47 AM   #2211
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Time for some graph updates:

The first look at the new case numbers but as there was starting to be too big a disparity in the numbers, the graph is divided into (1) Australia / NZ; (2) UK / Germany / Italy / Spain; and (3) USA. They pretty much speak for themselves.

The second set are 2nd order polynomial trends - again the USA has been separated out due to the higher raw numbers.

Pretty interesting graphs Russ.

From a model/maths perspective what would we expect to see as the number of infections drop off like in AU and NZ.

From memory, I may be wrong... An exponential decay in maths terms will never cross the zero axis?? so at what stage could we ever say we are free from infection from a modelling perspective?

I'm kind of thinking from a practical perspective we cannot eliminate it as I think I heard a comment that you would need 2 incubation cycles with zero detected infections to have confidence it was gone... And I cannot see that happening