View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 10:19 PM   #71
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Crappy build quality of cars from the 00s

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
Yes, can confirm. My ford is a BA ute in shockwave. I have had to paint panels as they get unbearable to live with.
I've resprayed the RHS(drivers) door, b pillar and guard, plus the entire roof.

There's failure points on the bonnet, pass door and b pillar - each has a peeling spot that I just touched up with a brush.

Just this year the LHS (pass) b pillar is getting worse and worse. Lets just say I wouldn't dream of ever ever pressure washing it because i can see already where it's going to let go if I did.

that said though, the never fully repainted LHS ( pass) side can still shine up OK. The primer sucks but the clear coat doesn't suck. The clear coat done on the canopy sucks though!
Photo from this year:
https://i.imgur.com/35BgB35.jpg

Bare in mind that's it's best 'factory' side - the entire roof failed, and the drivers guard and door were very very bad.
But circled in yellow in where it is failing elsewhere, bonnet on the drivers corner, a bit on the pass door and the b pillar there is really bad. Meanwhile the clear coat on the canopy is completely stuffed. It was never good but this was parked in the sun for forever - including 2013-2019 where it was never driven, let alone washed
Anyone know the exact reason why shockwave paint was such a disaster? I remember hearing the paint supplier got it wrong somehow, cause no other colours had the same issues. Never heard exactly why it happened though.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote