View Single Post
Old 13-04-2006, 03:54 PM   #9
kcbworth

Hi i decided against the factory racks because they're a bit high and don't fit the sporty image of the car. Anyway, i haven't found any streamline racks available, and the rola website doesnt have any mention of the new focus.

So the other day i sent an email to Rola to ask what was going on, and they said that they havent found a test car. I've been waiting on a reply but i just remembered that someone here might be able to volunteer. I think that theyre in Sydney. If anyone is interested PM me and i'll give you the contact i've been liaising with. The email conversation follows:

Quote:
Me (Mar 30)
I’ve recently bought a new Ford Focus (LS series, July 2005 onwards) and was wondering if the Rola Sports roof racks are/will soon be available for this series. We’re keen to put some on asap but your website isn’t reporting them as available.

Also, if/when they are available, will they fit in the anchor points in the rails that are provided with the car or will they need a separate attachment?

Rola (Mar 31)
The situation with this vehicle is that we cannot locate a vehicle to test as the anchor points are hidden under a plastic trim that needs to be removed.

If you are in our area, we would appreciate viewing your vehicle.
To discuss the possibility of this option please phone or email me at your convenience.

Me (Mar 31)
Unfortunately I’m in Brisbane so I don’t think that I’ll be able to use my car for testing. What I can tell you is that the anchor points have a small removable cover that I believe can be removed with a screw driver? I’m not sure if you need to remove the trim to access these? I imagine that you should be able to find a suitable car in due time as they are beginning to sell pretty quickly (around 1000 a month) and the car won best car of the year under 28k last year, so there will be more and more on the way.

Please keep me posted as I am definitely interested in purchasing some roof racks.

Rola (Apr 3)
Thanks, will keep you posted.
kcbworth is offline   Reply With Quote