View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 10:09 AM   #3513
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Prince Philip has turned the toes up. I'm no monarchist, quite the opposite but being out on 99 short of the ton. I hate that. 70+ years with the Queen I can only imagine how bad that hurts for her and their family. RIP old mate, a true character.
funny ole geezer, love him or not quite hate him, He was one of those I would loved to have an unofficial chinwag with.

We don't come to Canada for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves.
I don't think a prostitute is more moral than a wife, but they are doing the same thing.
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife.

1. Commenting on the Duke of York's house in 1986: "It looks like a tart's bedroom"

2. Overheard at Bristol University's engineering facility: "It doesn't look like much work goes on at this University."

3. Approaching his 90th birthday, 2011: "Bits are beginning to drop off."

4. At a dinner party in 2004: "Bugger the table plan, give me my dinner!"

5. Shouted to the Queen from the deck of Britannia in Belize in 1994, who was chatting. "Yak, yak, yak; come on get a move on."

6. At the Scottish Women's Institute in 1961: "British women can't cook"

7. Talking to Tom Jones after his Royal Variety Performance in 1969, he asked 'What do you gargle with, pebbles?'. The day after, he added: "It's difficult to see how it's possible to become immensely valuable by singing what are the most hideous songs.