View Single Post
Old 28-06-2021, 08:31 PM   #463
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximafag View Post
Devils Advocate: The information that would let someone wind back an odometer for nefarious purposes, especially given the current climate.
Don't post that bit.
Are you absolutely sure?

The IPC, like most modules, boots in mode 1 (or 0x81 in some modules like the ICC).

I've been tinkering with mode 2 (the security key for this mode is request 1 [key-response-2] with secret key DoWZy) up until two days ago. This mode turns off most of the IPC and I know think this is firmware update mode. So I wasn't able to write any data using "those" commands.

There's also mode 3, which I didn't find at first, being in mode 2 didn't help - as I hadn't returned to mode 1 before continuing to search. Rookie mistake. You enter security mode with request 3 [key-response-4] and secret key DRVFl (of course I'm making this up, there are 65K of them to choose from, so I just pick the one which looks the best out of the alpha-only key search I coded up)...

Ah, I can now write data (though the list is pretty short, looking at the decompiled firmware). One of the functions allows you to write (up to 3 times, unless you can re-program it again using an Arduino!) a new ODO value (as long as it's greater than the current one):

My cars have never had so many KMs!

So, playing with a new EEPROM (it's a full size chip, from Jaycar, with a socket [this will never fit back in the case now] so I can easily switch back and forth from the IPC and the Arduino I'm using to read/write) I've worked out the algorithm, worked out the "extra protection" and...

I can now set it to anything I want between the min-max values.

DO NOT PRESS LIKE ON THIS POST - If I see lots of likes, I'm likely to spill the beans on ALL of this!
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
14 users like this post: