Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 03:01 PM   #15759
tweeked
N/A all the way

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworthfreak View Post
Interesting, yet not entirely surprising. Yes, the COVID situation is causing an economic crisis to follow, but it is a health crisis first and foremost. Solving the health crisis will strongly contribute to fixing the economic problems.

I also hate the “elected officials” line that pollies churn out. It doesn’t give them the ability to make the right decisions, just their own. They might have been ‘elected’ in their local area (being the only option on the ticket for their party’s voters as a result of backroom factional deals around preselection), but some of these clowns act like it was God’s will for them to be where they are. The ‘people’ didn’t vote for you, they voted for the representative their preferred party put up.
Agree 100%.

What I do find refreshing is that he is not (1 time only I know) hiding behind someone else.

I am totally over politicians owning every positive statement. but everything unpopular is just "following the health advice". If you think it is right, own it, don't distance yourself.

3 users like this post: