View Single Post
Old 13-10-2021, 01:28 PM   #15964
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Geez contact tracers here in Victoria must be under the pump, poor buggers

My daughter was contacted last Friday and told that she (and my grand-daughter) had visited a Tier 1 site on the 30th of September and that they should isolate for 14 days, it was right on when 'they' decided that Tier 2 people didn't need to isolate, so my son-in-law and 2 other kids didn't need to isolate even though they were in the same house. The call came through 8 days after they visited the site!!!!.............
The whole system is under pressure. I thought I heard that contact tracing is no longer the most efficient use of resources, and some of the staff have been moved elsewhere more needed?

One of our work Melb sites had a positive case recently. Took 5 days to confirm, however I think the cause was the first test coming back inconclusive. Odd thing is, once confirmed, the site was not deemed to be Tier 1, so I think even the definition of what is T1 and T2 has been amended. Good thing is, that the person who felt unwell went home straight away on the day. Fortunately, no one else on site that same day has come back positive. So maybe the new definition actually works? Obviously won't be fool proof.

2000 medical workers being recruited from overseas as we speak.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
This user likes this post: